Developing the Leaders Around You by John C. Maxwell Other Cool & Meaningful Topics
It is not enough to strive to be a great leader. A great leader will empower those in his circle to grow and develop strong leadership skills themselves.
At Launch Leadership Development, our name says it all when it comes to this belief. Young potential leaders need wise and experienced mentors to guide and direct them on their path to leadership roles.
John Maxwell’s book, Developing the Leaders Around You is a guidebook for leaders wanting to grow their influence and help others develop leadership skills.
Today we will look at a few of his principles outlined in his book:
- Why it’s important to raise up leaders
- How to identify potential leaders
Why it’s important to raise up leaders
- Those closest to the leader will determine the success level of that leader
- An organization’s growth potential is directly related to its personnel potential
- Potential leaders help carry the load
- Leaders attract potential leaders
- Leaders who mentor potential leaders multiply their effectiveness
- Developed leaders expand and enhance the future of the organization
- The more people you lead, the more leaders you need
Identifying Potential Leaders Maxwell believes the primary responsibility of leaders is to identify potential leaders. He does this with a check list. As you read this list, evaluate yourself as a leader!
- Positive Attitude
- Excellent People Skills
- Evident Gifts
- Proven Track Record
- Effective Communication Skills
- Discontent with the Status Quo
This is a great manual to keep in your professional library because as a leader, your contribution to our future is to raise strong, ethical leaders, my friend. They are there, ready for your guidance!
Check out this video by John Maxwell on Developing the Leaders Around You: