Accept the Challenge:
101 Strategies for Personal Success
By William P. Abram
At Launch Leadership Development we are constantly researching, reading, and mining for great leadership and personal development materials that will benefit you, our digital family. Today’s blog features a book review on “Accept the Challenge 101 Strategies for Personal Success” by William P. Abram.
First let me just say upfront: I love this book and think you will as well. It is a gem that didn’t make the best seller’s list but is valuable for many reasons.
William P. Abram has compiled pieces of life wisdom from his Georgia radio program “Motivational Minutes”, which featured brief inspirational advice on personal growth and business topics. There are not chapters, just topics covered in one page each. This is a light and inspirational read that will spark ideas and help you overcome roadblocks in your thinking.
There are three themes woven throughout the book:
- Learning and knowledge
- The vital importance of goals
- Laser-like focus is necessary for success
His writing style is that of a loving father giving a short talk to his son or daughter, perhaps in a car ride, or at the dinner table, passing along wisdom, but stopping short of lecturing. He presents the idea and then proceeds to explain how you can apply it to your life and why it will be of benefit.
Investing your wealth The price of success
The truth about accountability The power of caring
Take control of your life The wisdom of goals
Don’t live in the past Changing the world
The power of visualization Never stop learning
Why I love this book:
- It is jam packed with practical wisdom in bite size chunks. Each topic is completed in two pages, one page being a large quote.
- The topics are spot on to encourage personal growth such as The Importance of Change, Don’t Fear Failure, Winning Strategies, The Power of Visualization, Dealing with Adversity and The Power of Repetition, What Successful People See, to name a few.
- An easy read perfect for a morning or evening routine. A motivating start to the day or positive ending to each day that takes just a minute but will leave you pondering how you can apply this truth to your life.
- It references many historical and influential leaders we can learn from. Each topic starts with an inspiring quote from qualified leaders and then builds from there, often including personal stories from these leaders.
- I’ve read a lot of personal growth books, and I found the author’s take on typical topics very refreshing.
- The author grew up in my town, Fort Wayne, IN and graduated from Concordia College and went on to attend Concordia Seminary.
This book would be beneficial for any age group, but I plan on buying a copy for all the graduates in my life because of its easy readability.
If you are looking for short inspirational reading to add to your daily routine, this one fits the bill!